INFORMATION FOR FACULTY
Faculty Guidelines for Program ProposalsEast Carolina University offers ECU-Led Study Abroad programs which are led by ECU faculty teaching ECU courses abroad. The programs generally run anywhere from two weeks to two months and may occur over the summer, spring break, or embedded within the fall or spring semesters.
The programs take quite a bit of preparation and require approval from your academic unit, college or school (for the academic portion), and the Office of Global Affairs (for financial, risk assessment, and feasibility). Faculty interested in developing an ECU-Led Study Abroad program should begin planning early.
Proposal deadlines:Program Proposal Deadlines
- Fall Embedded: April 15 of current year
- Spring Break: August 15 of year prior
- Spring Embedded: August 15 of year prior
- Summer Session 1: August 31 of year prior
- Summer Session 2: August 31 of year prior
- Summer 11-week: August 31 of year prior
Departmental ApprovalChairs and Deans should review program proposals by the following dates:
- Fall Embedded: April 30 of current year
- Spring Break: August 31 of year prior
- Spring Embedded: August 31 of year prior
- Summer Session 1: September 15 of year prior
- Summer Session 2: September 15 of year prior
- Summer 11-week: September 15 of year prior
To submit a proposal, please submit the following:
- Proposal (click button below)
- Program Budget
- Any Other Supporting documentation
Already started a proposal? Click 'login/register' at the top right of this page.
For more information, please contact Whitney Morris, Coordinator, at 252-328-9218 or e-mail at email@example.com or Shadawn Simmons, Administrative Assistant, at 252-328-9219 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.